We have moved
We have moved
1. If you are booking for a child or youth service, you only need to make a profile for the individual receiving services
2. If you are booking a family service, you will need to make a profile for each individual receiving services. You can link family members.
You do not require a referral for any of the services. A referral can be beneficial to explain what another professional is seeing as an issue.
There are some services that require an in office consultation prior to booking.
If you would like a child under the age of 4 to be seen, you can have a primary physician or other professional submit a referral form.
They can be found at the bottom of the services offered page and the bottom of this page.
A 60 minute appointment is 50 minutes of direct services and 10 minutes for paper work.
A 90 minute appointment is 70 minutes of direct services and 20 minutes for paper work.
In general, the information that you share with Melissa during the session(s) is confidential. Legally and ethically, your records are protected, and no information is disclosed without your expressed written permission.
There are a few exceptions to this, some of which are listed below:
1. If a client makes a serious threat to harm themselves or to harm another individual, the law requires Melissa to try to protect you and/or that person. This may involve calling a natural support, or calling 911.
2. If there is suspected child abuse or neglect (or there has been in the past) or abuse/neglect of an older or vulnerable adult, Melissa is required to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
3. Melissa’s records could be subpoenaed for court. In this case the file will be provided to the appropriate party.
4. If Melissa is made aware of a health care provider who has acted unethically with a client/patient, she is required to report this to the appropriate regulatory body/authority.
You will be required to check with your insurance provider.
Melissa does not offer direct billing to insurance providers.
Melissa does not offer crisis support. You may contact any of the programs listed below based on your level of need and safety risk.
1. If in immediate danger call 911 or present at the nearest emergency department
2. Distress Centre Calgary (24-hour crisis phone support) 403-266-HELP (4357)
3. ConnectTeen (24-hour support for teens) 403-264-8336 or text 587-333-2724
4. Community Resource Team (24-hour crisis support for families) 403-266-9699
5. If you are worried about a family member you can call non-emergency police and request a welfare check @ 403-266-1234
6. 211 can also provide more resources